Physiotherapy Special Schools Service
Physiotherapy is delivered at Willow Dene school, Oakmere Road School and Charlton Park Academy by a team of qualified physiotherapists and physiotherapy technicians. Physiotherapy assessment, rehabilitation and therapeutic manual handling is an important part of the student’s journey through school.
We assess, review, provide treatment, physiotherapy programs, equipment and orthoses for children that require them. Our team of specialist physiotherapists and therapy technicians offer skilled assessment and treatment by:
- Working closely with schools to develop functional programs to help maximize the child’s level of functional independence
- Creating therapy goals with the wider school team that are a reflection of the child’s individual needs
- Providing postural management and hip screening assessments for those children that require it
- Providing advice and education to staff and family that assist in meeting the child’s physiotherapy requirements
- Liaising with medical teams, both locally, and in larger tertiary hospitals managing the child’s care, to ensure close partnership and communication between all services working with the child
Special Schools within Greenwich are:
Oakmere Secondary School (on the same site of Willow Dene)
For enquiries for about wheelchairs please contact our wheelchair provider, Inspire Community Trust, for general enquires call: 020 3045 5100.
MOVE is an activity based programme which uses the combined knowledge of family, education and therapy to promote the skills of sitting, standing, walking and transferring for any child or young person. Click to view further information about the MOVE Programme.
Use the links below to access recommended reading:
APCP – Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists